top of page
Follow Us On
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon

Every student matters to us.

We know everybody by name and a happy, friendly environment is fostered. If you would like to change your own life for the better and at the same time have a profound positive impact on the lives of others, come and join us at the ICH!


The ICH Training is accredited by the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC), The Hypnotherapy Association and the National Hypnotherapy Society. The ICH is also a member organisation of the UK Confederation of Hypnotherapy Organisations.

As an ICH graduate you are eligible to join the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR-the GHSC’s Registering Agency) after completing your training with us.

In addition to the standard accreditation process, the cumulative training* in Clinical Hypnotherapy offered by the ICH has been Assessed and Accredited at Advanced Practitioner Level by the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (UK). This means that the graduates from this training (with appropriate experience in practice) are eligible for professional registration with the General Hypnotherapy Register at Advanced Practitioner Status** . For more information visit

ICH graduates are also eligible to join the CNHC. If you have already joined the GHR, as a member you can fast track to join the CNHC. Funded by the UK’s Department of Health at its inception, the CNHC is now recommended as the first choice provider to NHS commission services looking for registered hypnotherapy practitioners.

In support of this, the CNHC publishes the UK’s only public register of those who have agreed to the requirements of Voluntary Self Regulation (VSR) and only those on the register are allowed to use the CNHC quality mark logo on their website and marketing materials. For more information visit

The ICH Training is also recognised in respect of Professional and Career Development Loans by the Skills Funding Agency.

The General Hypnotherapy Standards Council

Additional ICH Membership

The ICH is an Associate Member Organisation of UKCHO (UK Confederation of Hypnotherapy Organisations), one of the umbrella bodies for the profession.

*The cumulative training is recognised by the GHSC at Advanced Practitioner Level where students have successfully completed the ICH Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy, DHP and MCH training.

**Advanced Practitioner status registration within the GHR is normally available only to those who have been in practice as a hypnotherapist for a minimum of two years. Applicants who do not meet this criterion would be usually awarded Practitioner status and subsequently be entitled to a free upgrade to Advanced Practitioner Status following thee required experience in practice.

Our commitment:

The ICH always ensures that it is aware of changes to the structure of the industry and to accrediting bodies.  There is currently no licensing or regulatory body, governmental or otherwise, supervising hypnotherapy in the UK.

However, since 2001 the hypnotherapy profession has been moving towards accreditation through Voluntary Self Regulation (VSR). This transition was finally achieved in December 2010 when the Register of the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) took over as regulator of the UK’s Voluntary Self Regulation of Hypnotherapists.

The ICH is in favour of there being a single regulatory body for the profession and our view regarding accreditation is that there should be one externally recognised national examination.  This would cut out much argument about courses and training and would ensure that high standards were met throughout the UK.

In addition to the CNHC, there are a number of other registers which practising hypnotherapists may choose to join.  Each register sets its own standards, requirements and code of ethics.  Most of our students elect to join the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR) and the CNHC.

Other than the VSR process described above, there is no current (or planned) requirement for you to be “licensed” to work as a hypnotherapist in the UK. Please note, however, that if you intend to work in any country other than the UK, you should check that country’s specific training and/or licensing requirements.


bottom of page